onsdag, januari 28, 2009

another one bites the dust...

Dianne Sylvan är inte längre Wiccan, enligt hennes blogg Dancing Down the Moon.

"Over the years since I wrote my first book I've been tweaking and reinventing tiny parts of my spiritual practice and cutting out bits that didn't work for me. Finally I looked at the picture as a whole and realized that while I've put together something pretty nifty, it's really not Wicca anymore.
I say that as someone who's always championed the idea of eclecticism, and still do. I really think that as a religion Wicca has a lot of room in it for a wide variety of beliefs and practices, but still, at some point you have to draw the line for yourself or your tradition. Staunch traditionalists have been saying this all along, albeit to a much narrower set of criteria. I'm not saying they're right or wrong, I'm just saying that eventually your giraffe is a cow and it needs to find other cows to graze with."

Vad är det som pågår egentligen? Är det någonting på gång?

2 kommentarer:

Neina sa...

På The Wild Hunt skrevs om Deo's Shadow, den största paganska podcasten, som nu läggs ner. Det blev anstormning av intressanta kommentarer, läs!!!

http://wildhunt.org/blog/2009/01/outgrowing-paganism.html

Se även posten om 'update' på detta.

Jag vet inte vad som är på gång. Läs kommentarerna!

Tobias Vemmenby sa...

Jag tror att det handlar om att många av de drivande inom paganismen helt enkelt inte tillåtit sig att utvecklas under lång tid. När de sen kommer till en punkt där de måste acceptera att de måste förändras blir pendeleffekten dessto större. Jag kan iaf tänka mig att detta är vad som händer.

Ps Jag ser mig som ecclectisk själv också. Men med vissa trådar starkare än andra. Eg. druidism.